[NSC-news] Sailing

Steve Barnes barneyne52dn at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 22:31:54 BST 2020

Hi all,

Hope everyone is keeping well and safe whilst we are under further
restrictions in the North East.

I can't believe a year ago we were hosting the Commodore's dinner
celebrating new members joining, fun sailing days and friendship. No one at
the time could have guessed the changes that would occur and that there
would be virtually no sailing taking place in the following year.

We are approaching what would traditionally be the last few weeks of our
sailing season, however it would be fantastic if we could get out again on
the water before winter - whilst we would normally stop sailing at the end
of October we are more than happy to extend the season into November
(weather permitting) if members would like to go out. We have fully risk
assessed our procedures in line with RYA guidance to keep everyone safe.

With our club bar being closed at the moment, our virtual bar is
open Thursday evenings from 8pm. Members will often discuss whether they
intend to come along on the following Saturday for a sail. Why not join us
this Thursday to see who is looking to go out? You will find us at
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81810848459

We are also looking at improving our ways of communicating with each other
- especially with sailing plans having to be made at the last minute as
weather changes and members travel varying distances to get to the club. We
have a whatsapp group which we could use however if anyone has any other
suggestions we'd be happy to hear.

Please keep in touch with us and stay safe.

Kind regards
Barney