[NSC-news] Sailing

Stephen Barnes stephen.barnes at northumbria.ac.uk
Mon May 18 11:44:00 BST 2020

Morning all,

Members of the committee have been discussing how we can adapt to help people to sail if they wish following the recent Government announcement that water activities can now take place.

Individuals are permitted to sail with members of their own household or with one other person if social distancing can be maintained - highly unlikely in a dinghy! Thus we are also looking to prepare the clubs single handers for people to use if they wish. Members are of course able to take their own boats out as they wish.

Of course everyone needs to consider for themselves whether they are in a position to sail especially as there will be a greater need to be self-sufficient and competent in managing issues should they arise to allow us to maintain social distancing.

If sailing is taking place we intend to launch the two safety boats with a club member in each to provide cover and assistance if required. A decision would be made on the day dependant upon weather conditions and availability of competent users.

For us to prepare, would you please let me know:

  1.  If you would be interested in sailing during this time or if you intend to wait for further guidance/next season

  1.  If you normally borrow club kit so we can organise this for you

We will probably need to co-ordinate ourselves in advance to the sailing days and I invite you if you haven't to join the Whatsapp group where we can keep in contact.

Also please drop into our virtual bar on a Thursday evening if you have any questions or fancy a chat.

Kind regards
Barney

This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. Any use, disclosure or reproduction without the sender's explicit consent is unauthorised and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in error, please notify Northumbria University immediately and permanently delete it. Any views or opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the University. Northumbria University email is provided by Microsoft Office365 and is hosted within the EEA, although some information may be replicated globally for backup purposes. The University cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is virus free or has not been intercepted and/or amended.