[NSC-news] Sailing update

Stephen Barnes stephen.barnes at northumbria.ac.uk
Thu May 14 13:46:03 BST 2020

Hi all,

Hope everyone is keeping well and safe.

With announcements of people being able to engage with water activities as part of their exercise, we are looking at what this might mean for our sailing club. Part of the committee will be having a meeting shortly  to discuss how we can offer opportunities for people to sail if they wish whilst maintaining social distancing. We will update you as plans unfold.

>From general guidance from the Government and the RYA, Individuals are free to sail with members of the own household or with one other person if they can maintain the 2m distancing rule. Members are also able to start work on their boats to prep them if they wish. However our club has a small dinghy park and therefore we are looking at how best we can manage to assist in keeping everybody safe. We will also be looking at how we may be able to offer single hander club boats in a safe manner for people who would normally rely on friends in their double handers and if we can provide safety cover.

Whilst this year we will not be publishing a year book, many of our sponsors have indicated that they would be happy for us to retain their sponsorship payments carrying it over to next year. It would therefore be nice if we could continue to support them and also those who we hope will continue to offer to sponsor us next year during these uncertain times. Our sponsors are:

Robson & Cowan
Carr & Co Solicitors
JSH Joinery
Bliss in Sticks
Newton Crum Insurance
Glenton's Bakery
Chisholms Bookmakers
Store Forge
PA Lynch
Storrar Marine
Crescent Printing
Peter Grenfell Funeral Directors
Tallantyre Gallery
Marion's Woolshop
Gorman's Fish & Chips
The Fruit Shop
Ephesus Restaurant

As usual our virtual bar is open to join us from 8:30pm tonight for a catch up - please use the link to come in: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81810848459

Stay safe and speak soon.

Kind regards
Barney

This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. Any use, disclosure or reproduction without the sender's explicit consent is unauthorised and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in error, please notify Northumbria University immediately and permanently delete it. Any views or opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the University. Northumbria University email is provided by Microsoft Office365 and is hosted within the EEA, although some information may be replicated globally for backup purposes. The University cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is virus free or has not been intercepted and/or amended.