[NSC-news] Fw: Tynemouth Sailing Club at Ladyburn Lake

Amy Fayers amy.fayers at sky.com
Thu Oct 10 20:48:58 BST 2019

 Hi all please see this email from Howard who is Tynemouth sailing secretary if any one interested to join tsc at duridge Bay
AmySailing Sec
   ----- Forwarded message ----- From: Howard Steavenson <howard.steavenson at gmail.com>To: Amy Fayers <amy.fayers at sky.com>; amy at fayers.org.uk <amy at fayers.org.uk>Sent: Thursday, 10 October 2019, 19:06:20 BSTSubject: Tynemouth Sailing Club at Ladyburn Lake
 Amy,
                          Tynemouth Sailing Club at Ladyburn Lake - Winter Series Propsal

There are a number of keen sailors at TSC who would like to continue racing through the winter months but preferably not on the sea. Prior to the late nineties TSC hosted regular winter racing on the tidal river Tyne upstream of Newburn Bridge launching, initially from Ryton Willows; and then latterly from the then ‘new’ slipway at Newburn Riverside. Sadly the ‘new’ slipway silted so badly that the tidal window for launching severely restricted the days we could sail. Eventually our racing reduced to only two visits to Newburn per season.

Some effort has been applied to a search for an alternative ‘inland’ venue. I am pleased to report that TSC have negotiated consent from Northumberland CC to conduct regular winter racing on Ladyburn Lake at Druridge Bay Country Park. We have also agreed the use of changing rooms and showers in the lakeside premises of Coquet Shorebase Trust and the midweek storage of boats at their nearby (2 miles) secure boat compound in Amble.

We can only proceed with this proposal if there is firm support from TSC members and other northeast based racing sailors. TSC are therefore proposing to host a “Fairweather Winter Series” in accordance with the attached ‘Notice of Race’. Please note the closing date for entries is Sunday 20th October. If we have not received at least 10 paid up entries by that date – the proposal will be abandoned and fees returned.

If you are keen on regular sailing through the winter months on a good sized lake which promises good racing – this is your chance. Follow the procedure noted on the NOR to secure our place in the series.
Could you please circulate NOR to Newbiggin members who may be interested.
Many thanks

Howard SteavensonTSC Sailing Sec

TSC Sailing Sec