[NSC-news] News and work party

Stephen Barnes stephen.barnes at northumbria.ac.uk
Fri Feb 17 12:03:39 GMT 2017

Hi all,

First of all some news - for those of you who remember last season where we had issues with the engine on the committee boat (often in that convenient spot close to the breakwater...!) - we are in the process of ordering a new replacement engine for the start of the season which will make everyone's life easier.

Given that we are only weeks away from the sailing season, as Amy emailed earlier in the month we are asking for people to help out this Saturday to get the club ready for sailing.

Barry and Les will be heading down early to prep the strikeliner trailer so it is ready to be taken for the new engine

Ron and I will be at the tractor's winter home to do oil changes and general maintenance so we can bring the tractor back up to Newbiggin in due course

James will be at the clubhouse to help co-ordinate activities there

Some ideas of where we need the help:

Dinghy park hut washed out with fresh water - this will get wet so you might want to put your drysuit on (maybe an opportunity to ensure it still fits after the winter period?!!)

Painting of trailer wheels,  clubhouse sign and possibly flagpole

New switch to be swapped on the food disposal unit in the kitchen

Hedge cut back in dinghy park

Cleaning of clubhouse - kitchen, toilets, changing areas

Thanks in advance :-)

Kind regards
Barney

NSC-news mailing list