[NSC-news] New roof camera

James Derrick james at newbigginsailingclub.org
Sun Feb 12 13:32:31 GMT 2017

Hi,

A new high resolution public camera showing Newbiggin Bay is now available:

http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/webcam/nsc-roof.jpg

 From the state of the beach at the moment, I don't think much walking,
never mind sailing is likely! :-)

By taking the case of a previous device and adding a Raspberry Pi
embedded computer ( https://www.raspberrypi.org/ ), a much clearer view
of the bay is available with updates every 15 minutes.

The older camera was rendered obsolete by an annoying change by our
hosting provider. This also stopped the weather station from updating
although the winter seems to have damaged the sensor hardware meaning a
new system may be needed. Given the cold on the roof, tea rather than
checking the wind vane was the priority!

By the way, the Dinghy Park looked fine on Saturday 11/02 with boats
tie-downs looking secure in the icy blast.

James
--
          James Derrick    Newbiggin by the Sea Sailing Club
james at newbigginsailingclub.org Home:01670 590831 Mobile:07711 046069