[NSC-news] Ex member david trench

James Derrick james at newbigginsailingclub.org
Wed Jul 9 21:05:51 BST 2014

On 09/07/14 06:51, Amy wrote:
> Hi all for the members who knew david trench he passed away on sunday his funeral is friday 18th july @ whitley bay crem @ 11.15
Shame - I sailed with David on many occasions in his always well kept
Enterprise Supercalifragilisticexpidaillocious.

Sailing with David was always marked with a gentlemanly air of
dignified, unhurried enjoyment.

He preferred tacking to a gybe, especially when the weather was against
us, which much reduced the chances of ending up capsizing.

We were never going to win a race, but then again, that wasn't why we
were sailing.

Sailing downwind in heavy weather always make me think of David - take
your time and enjoy the view.
That feels suitably Supercalifragilisticexpidaillocious.

James
--
          James Derrick    Newbiggin by the Sea Sailing Club
james at newbigginsailingclub.org Home:01670 590831 Mobile:07711 046069