[NSC-news] Sailing SUNDAY, fixed tractor, storms

Newbiggin by the Sea Sailing Club News nsc-news at newbigginsailingclub.org
Sat May 25 20:43:56 BST 2013

Hi,

Just a reminder that sailing this weekend is on Sunday 26/05, and if the
weather stays as it was today, it will be a fantastic sail.

We made good use of Saturday by replacing the exhaust on the tractor so
it should run quieter. thanks go to Barry for a hard day's spanner work
and Ron for locating the spares.

One cloud on the horizon though - the high winds from the North over the
week tipped over a few boats at the top of the park. David Storey,
Peter, and Peter had boats affected, but thankfully after untangling the
masts there doesn't seem to be any damage.

As the weather is so strange this year, please tie down your boat if you
can. Tying up halyards will also reduce the noise for our neighbours.

Even if you're not sailing, tea by the sea is very pleasant and the Club
will be open!

See you tomorrow,

James
--
          James Derrick    Newbiggin by the Sea Sailing Club
james at newbigginsailingclub.org Home:01670 590831 Mobile:07711 046069