[NSC-news] 2012 Windward Challenge and Newbiggin Sprint Triathlon 2012

Newbiggin by the Sea Sailing Club News nsc-news at newbigginsailingclub.org
Sun Sep 9 16:05:19 BST 2012

Hi,

It's been a busy weekend down at Newbiggin - all with perfect
Mediterranean weather!

Saturday saw nine boats compete in the 2012 Windward Challenge with good
wind and sea giving two laps from Newbiggin to Blyth.
https://plus.google.com/photos/107409596939705755601/albums/5786188910302370833

Thanks go to Amy for organisation and sustenance, Trev for setting the
course, all our the safety boat crews, and all competitors, especially
our visitors.

Sunday had the Strikeliner out again offering our support to the
Newbiggin Sprint Triathlon 2012 with 300 athletes swimming a 750m course
in the bay, followed by a cycle ride and run along the prom.
We laid the course, helped with safety and enjoyed great views of 300
people swimming around the same buoy!
https://plus.google.com/photos/107409596939705755601/albums/5786189292759094497

Thanks go to Chris, David, Barry and James for crewing and to VO2 Max
Racing Events for a great day!

James
--
          James Derrick    Newbiggin by the Sea Sailing Club
james at newbigginsailingclub.org Home:01670 590831 Mobile:07711 046069