[NSC-news] Busy Sunday sailing, Craig not back tomorrow, need a rest tonight!

Newbiggin by the Sea Sailing Club News nsc-news at newbigginsailingclub.org
Sun Aug 26 19:05:38 BST 2012

Hi,

Despite pretty light winds (<10km/h), a fleet of 7 boats enjoyed
surprisingly good weather today. Bank Holidays have a bad reputation,
but the rain only started as locked the club and walked to the car park!

After coaching and a sail to the outfall mark in the morning, there was
close racing after lunch as the wind dropped off and gave in to a battle
with the tide.

Further South, Chris and Stu are stuck with their canoes in Scarborough
so we won't be able to escort them back to Newbiggin after paddling
around the coastline. We wish them well regardless.

After battling Alan all day to get around the next mark, I'd off for a
lie down (so won't be down on Sunday evening to open the Bar).

See you next week on Thursday evening or Saturday (the usual 10:00ish),

James
--
          James Derrick    Newbiggin by the Sea Sailing Club
james at newbigginsailingclub.org Home:01670 590831 Mobile:07711 046069